- 1/3 cup mayonnaise with olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup panko (Japanese-style bread crumbs)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon Asian chili sauce (Sriracha sauce)
- 2 5 ounce canswild albacore tuna or solid white albacore tuna in water*
- 1/4 cup very thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 small ciabatta buns, halved and toasted
- 1/3 cup pea shoots or micro greens
- 2 miniature sweet peppers, thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a small bowl combine mayonnaise and ginger; transfer 2 Tbsp. to a large bowl. Cover remaining mayonnaise mixture and chill. To the same large bowl add eggs, panko, fish sauce, and Asian chili sauce. Flake tuna and add to bowl. Add celery and green onion and stir. Let stand 10 minutes. With wet hands, shake tuna mixture into four 3/4-inch-thick patties.
2. Place tuna patties on a greased baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until done (160 degrees F).
3. To serve, spread ciabatta halves with remaining mayonnaise mixture. Add a tuna patty to bottom half of each bun, bottom side up. Top with pea shoots or micro-greens, thinly sliced peppers, and top buns. Makes 4 servings.